Friday, January 14, 2011

THE SCHOOL HALL

Dear Weeb,

I was taking you to school this morning because I hurt my shoulder very badly and was staying home from work. You were whiny and complaining and I was telling you that you had to listen and help me this morning because I was in a lot of pain.

You told me about how listening is important and yesterday you got sent to the hall because your teacher told you 3 times to start cleaning up, but you didn't, so you got sent to the hall.

I tried not to laugh when you told me this. I'm glad to know it's not just me that you are unable to hear.

I asked if you cried when you got sent to the hall (since that is how you react every time you're in trouble at home). You said yes.

I tried not to laugh again.

I am starting to like your teacher more and more.

Mostly I was just curious to know if you pulled out the crocodile tears there too, because there is no way you'd get away with it the same way you do at home.

It's funny to me that you didn't tell me about it on the way home from school yesterday. Every time I ask you what happened today, you say, "Nothing." Or you ramble about various things, but all the important stuff seems to get left out. I guess what's important to me isn't the same as what's important to you.

I doubt that this is the first time you've been sent to the hall. I doubt it will be your last.

I'm sorry that it makes me chuckle.

I love you,
Mummy

No comments:

Post a Comment