Saturday, January 29, 2011

DUMPED, BUT IT'S OKAY

Dear Weeb,

Friday morning you brought your Valentine in to school for your boyfriend, who had given you hand drawn Valentines the previous two days.

Friday, when I went to pick you up from school, I could see you in your classroom, crying. I knew the face you were making - it had to do with a boy. I'm sure I will be seeing that face many times in the future.

Your boyfriend suggested that you be another boy's girlfriend. Yet another boy told you that you were dumped. You were also heart broken.

Your teacher was doing a good job with your 5 year old affairs of the heart and explained that it was best to share friends. You seemed to be okay with that, and the fact that your heart's desire hadn't actually said you were dumped, he just suggested you have other boyfriends too.

We walked home talking about how boys are crazy and boys sometimes don't know what they want and most importantly, you are FIVE years old and shouldn't really be dating just ONE person until you're older. In fact, I'm not so sure about this 'dating' thing now!

You didn't seem all that bothered anymore.

I wonder what your 'boyfriend' thought of your Valentine when he opened it, after school.

No comments:

Post a Comment