Tuesday, January 11, 2011

LIBRARY BOOKS

Dear Weeb,

I'm not sure why you are so bothered by the idea of picking a book at the school Library.

I'm not sure if some kid told you that you weren't allowed to like a Scooby Doo book (you've mentioned that someone told you Scooby Doo books are only for boys) or if someone took a book away from you that you wanted (you told me a girl snatched a princess book away from you) or if you are worried about forgetting to return a book, or if you are just overwhelmed by the choices.

You seem to make up excuses. The one you cling to the hardest (and this is my fault for suggesting it), is that you have SO many books at home, you don't NEED a Library book.

I had a chuckle today when you were filling out a school questionnaire and announced that you want to be a Librarian when you grow up. I suggested that you needed to take a book out of the Library before you can be a Librarian.

Grandma and Grandpa suggested that you just pick a pink book tomorrow. And your cousin J called to tell you about the book she picked at her school Library today. And I suggested you ask the Librarian for help tomorrow, and since you want to be a Librarian when you grow up, it would be a good idea to talk to other Librarians.

You decided you would ask the Librarian for two princess books. I said they might not have two princess books in tomorrow and then what will you do. You said that there are LOTS of princess books and you're not worried anymore.

You love to read and be read to SO much, I just don't get this Library fear. We shall see what happens tomorrow. I'm rooting for ya, kid!

Love Mummy


No comments:

Post a Comment