Wednesday, September 7, 2011

ROCK JUMPING

Dear Weeb,

They've added a new attraction to your school yard - boulders.

Now, as a worrisome parent, I don't quite see the appeal. I see boulders and it equates to broken bones, stitches and concussions.

I suppose we played on rocks, boulders and worse when we were kids and we lived to tell the tales. Of course, many of those tales involve broken bones, stitches and concussions.

The great big world. I have a bit of a problem letting you into it without my supervision.

You assure me that you are very careful on the boulders. Of course you tell me this, then run off to jump from rock to rock.

I'm posting this just as a preemptive 'told ya so' when you require your first arm cast. And if it never happens, then you can roll your eyes and remind me that I can't let you live in a bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment