Tuesday, September 6, 2011

GRADE ONE

Dear Weeb,

Welcome to Grade One!

You were so excited last night that you had trouble falling asleep. When you woke up this morning, you were in a fantastic mood and very excited to start Grade One. Students had to go back to the same classrooms, though the same teacher wasn't there. The school's staffing isn't confirmed by the District until Wednesday, so they don't think they'll have new classes / teachers assigned until Friday. Until then, you get to hang out with your class from last year.

It was cool this morning, but the sun was up and shining. By the time you got out of class (today was only an hour in school) it was quite warm out. Today is supposed to be the warmest day of the entire summer. You and your friends played on the playground while I chatted with a few of the moms I used to chat with last year. It was no more than five minutes before I spotted you chasing boys. That's my girl!

A few days ago, you picked out your outfit for the first day of school. It's a pretty pink two piece outfit that Aunty M had bought for you in the spring. You have such a strong sense of self; gone are the days when I get to chose your outfits.

Summer really flew by fast! I can't believe you're already in Grade One! What an amazing journey you're on! I can't wait to see what this year brings you!

No comments:

Post a Comment