Friday, April 15, 2011

TO MY AMAZING DAUGHTER

Dear Weeb,

There are times when I don't feel well. I'm a worrier and have many food intolerances and allergies to a bazillion things. This, coupled with my pathetic attempts to self medicate myself by eating things that I know are bad for me is a bad combination that often leaves me feeling sick for extended periods of time. Mummy has problems.

One of my biggest worries is that I am going to wreck your life somehow with my problems. Maybe I'll be unwell during your hockey try outs. Or maybe I'll be ill for your big play when you have the leading roll. Or I won't be healthy enough to take you to swimming practices. Something. I have tried not to let anything keep me from letting you have a normal life, so far.

I worry more that one day one of these things will turn into a serious illness and I'll die. And that freaks me out. Not because I'll die, though the thought isn't terribly appealing, but it's more that I don't want you to see me sick, and even more, I don't want you to have to live without a mom.

If anyone in this world understands you and who you really are, it's me. Because you are so much like me. I hope we are similar in more good ways than bad.

I think all mothers worry about suddenly dying and leaving their child motherless.

I just want the best life for you. I want you to be happy, and confident, and able to cope with the crap the world, and people, and the universe will throw at you.

Beyond everything else, I want you to know that you are the very best thing that ever happened in my life. You are beautiful and smart and funny. And if I cannot watch over you from here, know that I will be watching over you from the stars.

Love, your proud, dramatic, not feeling well today, Mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment