Monday, November 29, 2010

CRYING AT SCHOOL

Dear Weeb,

I know that your teacher is not as affectionate as your preschool teachers, but you have to understand that she has over 20 kids and she can't always help you immediately, when you need help or attention. The same is true of the Librarian and your computer teacher.

You are an emotional girl, like your mother. I hope to teach you better ways of expressing your feelings and frustrations, though at 41, I'm still having a hard time figuring out how to do the same. Sometimes we just need to cry.

Part of me desperately wants to teach you to act the way that is acceptable, and the other part of me wants you to be yourself and if you have to cry, then you go ahead and cry.

Let's work on understanding WHY you are crying before we tackle how to handle the emotion. I'm pretty sure it's because you're an 'only child' at home and you're used to having as much attention as you'd like. Now you're at school with a much higher kid to teacher ratio than there was at the preschool (there were 50+ kids at your preschool, but there was one teacher or aid for every 5 or 6 kids). You're not the center of the universe anymore. I'm so sorry it's proving to be a hard lesson.

You'll always be the center of MY universe!

No comments:

Post a Comment