Saturday, November 12, 2011

TOOTH LOSS #3

Dear Weeb,

Your top middle teeth have been wiggly for quite some time, but the past week or two, the one on your right had been VERY wiggly. When we were out for breakfast the morning of your birthday party, we realised just how loose this tooth was and I was bugging you, not for the first time, to just pull it out. You'd been having a bit of trouble eating and there was no way I was pulling this one out. I'd been spending days pretending I thought it was gross, just so you'd be amused and want to wiggle it.

So you used a napkin and tried to yank it out. There was blood. You were surprising cool about it, but you have lost a couple of teeth before, you know that some blood wasn't anything to worry about. I felt bad though because it was SO loose, but it was just not coming out.

After your birthday party, we went to Grandma and Grandpa's and hung out with your Aunty M and Cousin J.

As we were getting ready to go home, we went to the bathroom and you wiggled your tooth at me again. It was just barely hanging on. I asked you to try pulling it out one more time. You asked me to do it and I encouraged you to do it yourself. We plugged up the sink, closed the toilet lid and then... it just came out!

You were shocked that it was so easy!

There was much rejoicing!

And your cousin J was thrilled to see it because she hasn't lost a tooth yet, despite being older than you.

It's not going to be easy getting used to this gappy smile of yours. I'm not ready for you to be this grown up already! Plus now your other tooth looks like an awesome fang! Your favorite thing to do now is to grin big and stick your tongue out the little tooth gap. Your new adult tooth is growing in, very nicely, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment